Certificate III in Individual Support
APPLICATION/ENROLLMENT FORM 2020
The application form must be completed in English. Information should be typed in, or if written, block
capitals should be used. Please ensure that all fields are filled in on the form. You must initial at the
bottom of each page. Missing or incorrect information may cause delays in the application process.
Return your completed application form, supported documentation and application fee to Star
Community College. Please provide your family name(s) and given name(s) as shown on your
National ID e.g. Passport or Driver License etc.
READ & UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
It is advised that you must make yourself familiar with the following before submitting the
application form. You can contact the college for further information.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From 1 January 2015 legislation states that Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) must not issue a
Statement of Attainment or a Qualification unless the student has been assigned a USI You are required
to provide your Unique Student Identifier with your application.
To Create Your USI, please Visit at https://www.usi.gov.au or Talk to reception for the help.
Upload your photo ID proof ( Passport or Driving Licence) *
Upload your Medicare Card or Copy of Visa *
3. English Language Proficiency Level
Do you speak a language other than English at home?
How well do you speak English?
4. Cultural Diversity
In which country were you born? *
Are you an Australian Citizen? *
Are you a Permanent resident?
Are you International student?
(if you are an International student, we cannot offer you any course)
If you are not a citizen of Australia please provide a certified copy of your visa
Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin? *
5. Support Services
Do you identify yourself as having a disability? *
6. Educational Background
What is your highest COMPLETED school level?
Have you successfully completed any of the following qualifications?
Is this the first time you have enrolled at Star Community College of Australia?
Are you applying for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
Are you applying for Credit Transfer?
7. Purpose Of Study
Which category best describes your reason for undertaking this course?
8. Current Employment Status
Which of the following best describes your current?
9. Which Course You Are Enrolling In?
CHC33015 Certificate in Individual Support Specialisation Options *
10. Course Fee & Payment Plans
Pricing for individuals registering for public courses will be at the published rate in the
INFORMATION PACK and on the website
- The enrolment fee is non-refundable.
- Other special offers and discounts may be marketed from time to time.
- For fee breakdown please visit our course fee section on www.star.edu.au
We don’t accept payment of more than $1500 from a prospective or current learner prior to the
commencement of the course.
For more details on the fees & payment options, please refer to the Student Handbook.
|Course Detail||Enrolment Fee(Non-refundable)||Specialisation Tuition Fee||Materials Fee|| Payment Plan Negotiable|
|CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support|
Specialisation (Ageing, Home & Community)
|CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support|
|CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support|
|RPL Fees (Any Specialisation)||$50||$600||NA||No|
Note: Refund request needs to be submitted in written or by email. Request time will be
calculated based on time when request is submitted. If refund request received after
hours by email that will be consider in next working day’s request.
- Please refer to the student handbook for information on refunds.
- A non-refundable administration/enrolment fee of $150 must be paid, ($50 for RPL)
prior to course commencement, to confirm place into a course.
- Administration/ enrolment fees are not refundable and cannot be transferred to
- Refunds is allowed in the following circumstances:
- 1) Participants have overpaid
- 2) Participants enrolled in training that has been cancelled by Star
- 3) If the participant withdraws from a course or program due to illness or
- a. extreme hardship as determined by Star Community College.
- 4) If the participant withdraws two weeks before commencing training.
- Refunds are calculated as:
- • Refund = total fee - administration fee where no units have been
- • Refund = total fee - administration fee (number of completed units x unit
- No refunds will be issued after commencement of the course.
- Students are responsible for safe storage of their certificates and Statements of
Attainment. If a student requires a reissue of their Certificate or Statement of
Attainment, an administration of $65 will be charged.
Detailed fee can be found in our student Handbook. Please visit us at www.star.edu.au
11. Career Plan
12. Computer Skill Checklist
My skill level at these Computer Operations is
Start and shut down computer and related equipment
Use a USB memory stick, CD memory disc
File and Folder Management
Create, delete, copy and rename files and folders
Save documents in folders and open files from folders
Word Processing (such as MS Word)
Enter & edit text and use the following functions: clipboard, cut, copy, paste, delete and insert
Change font style, size, colour and change margins, line/paragraph spacing, use tabs
Create and edit headers and footers
Insert page numbers, file name, date time, pictures, bullet & numbered lists
Use clip art, shapes, text boxes
Enter and understand web addresses
Search for and access resources and information through a search browser
Download, store and print information from the Internet
Reference material sourced from the Internet
Understand the use of copyright material form electronic sources
Create, write and send an email
Use functions in emails, such as: copy, past, font size & style,
Attach files, open attachments, store and print attachments
13. Pre Entry Question Section
Eligibility for entry into courses at Star Community College requires demonstration, by prospective
candidates, of their ability to understand entry requirements, prerequisites of Training Plan and the
potential ability to achieve the competencies stipulated in the training package. Star Community
College uses the candidate’s responses to the questions in this application form to perform the
eligibility assessment. Further information may be required by telephone interview, written or
computer-based assessment or face-to-face interview.
Star Community College is also obliged to assess whether the course for which candidates are
applying is suitable to satisfy the candidate’s training needs and will assist them with their vocational
objectives. Candidates should also declare any other learning needs they may have that will assist
Star Community College to provide the best possible training outcomes.
Please complete the following:
I am aged over 18 years and will provide evidence of my age. *
I understand that to complete listed course/s, I require to spend 120 or more hours on Work placement, which is unpaid work to get experience in real environment. *
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (All Streams)
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTWHS005 Conduct manual tasks safely
Please sign the declaration at the end of this document. Information contained in this document
must be your personal responses. You must not solicit help or accept assistance from another person.
14. Enrolling Student Declaration Of Understanding
Privacy Notice *
Star Community College is required to provide to the Government through the relevant Department, with student and training activity data which may include information I provide in the enrolment form.
Information is required to be provided in accordance with the Australian Skills Quality Authority
(www.asqa.gov.au - Activity Data Collection). The Department may use the information provided to it for
planning, administration, policy development, program evaluation, resource allocation, and reporting and /
or research activities. For these and other lawful purposes, the Department may also disclose information to
its consultants, advisers, other government agencies, professional bodies and / or other organisations. I may
be contacted and requested to participate in a National Centre for Vocational Education Research Survey
or a Department endorsed project or audit or review.
For further information in relation to how student information may be used or disclosed, please contact CEOStar Community College on phone 02 8678 6260.
I have read and understood the college complaint and appeal policy and processes of lodging complaint
and appeal from the student handbook provided to me prior to enrolment.
Terms and Conditions of your enrollment *
By signing this form, I certify that the information provided is true and correct. I further certify that:
- I acknowledge that any false information and/or failing to disclose any relevant information on my application for enrolment may result in the withdrawal of any offer and/or cancellation of enrolment at the discretion of Star Community College.
- I have received the Student Handbook, read and understood all the contents of it.
- I have received the course fees plan and payment plan information (if applicable) and have been informed of the refund policy.
- I have read and understood the relevant course information and I agree to the course requirements.
- If applicable to my course, I have received the information about any materials, documents and / or resources which I have to provide/or obtain myself.
- If applicable to my course, I have been informed about the practical placement requirements which I must attend to achieve my qualification.
- I acknowledge that my Certificate and/ or Statement of Attainment will be issued by Star Community College within 30 calendar days from being deemed competent in my course; however, release of my certificate or statement of attainment may be delayed if all payments have not been received in full, or I have not provided my Unique Student Identifier number.
- I have received the relevant course information and have been informed of the training and assessment services and the related educational and support services to be provided and units of competency to be completed.
- I have read the RTO Complaint & Appeal Policy, forms and processes.
I understand that my personal information is protected by law under the Privacy Act 1988 and Privacy Amendment Act 2014, and is collected by Star Community College to assess my eligibility of enrolment. The information is required to process my application. My information may be used by Star Community College. Personal information will only be provided to other persons or agencies with my permission or where required by law.