Coronavirus/ Covid-19- Important tips and precautions for safety
Coronavirus – the deadly virus which has kept the whole world hooked is from a family of viruses that can cause a range of illnesses in human beings. These can be in the form of common cold, fever and cough. The more severe forms of this virus are SARS and MERS which are threatening to life. Virus which started to affect human beings in late December 2019 has caused more than 8000 deaths so far.
The recent outbreak of this virus has created a lot of ruckus globally. It is believed that this virus originated from a market in Wuhan, a central Chinese city.
China the epicentre of this virus along with the global communities are working extensively to develop a vaccine for it which has reportedly killed many and infected lakhs of people all over the world. Few days ago WHO declared it as a pandemic. Worries are mounting with each passing day as it has broken all stock records, has disrupted supply chains with sharp reduction in travel and tourism business. Offices are not operating, markets are closed, schools/colleges are closed, these are some of the major highlights about how disastrous this virus is. It is believed it can cause recession with a weakening global economy. Every country is trying hard to break the virus chain and prevent it from further spreading. First, China, then Italy and now it has spread to the entire world. Countries have gone to the extent that they have sealed their borders. Hopefully, these drastic measures will help in reduction of coronavirus cases.
First of all, it is important to note the symptoms of coronavirus and if you notice any of these in you or your loved ones then prefer staying at home-
- a high temperature
- consistent cough
If you have any of these then check with your doctor immediately and stay at home for at least 14 days to avoid it from further spreading.
- Stay away from the elderly, small children in the family, specially abled and pregnant women who all can have weak immune systems. Staying close to them can affect them and they can get ill.
Since this virus currently cannot be cured with a vaccine. Therefore, we have highlighted a few important measures which you should follow regularly to stay safe and healthy. Following these measures you can avoid catching the virus and spreading it further.
- Wash your hands properly for at least 20 seconds. Wash it regularly and quite often.
- Since devices like mobile phones, remote control and door bells are used multiple times by many therefore it is important to wash and sanitize your hands.
- Wash when you get back from work or from outside.
- Keep hand sanitiser gel always with you when travelling.
- Properly cover your mouth and nose with a mask and cough or sneeze on tissue and not on your hands. Since it can spread very easily as you use your hands to do other tasks.
- Throw used tissues immediately in the dustbin or discard them in such a way that they do not come in contact with anyone.
- Avoid travelling and do only if it is extremely urgent.
- Avoid handshakes with dear ones as much as possible and don’t rub your eyes or use your hands on your face.
- Take work from home if possible.
- Avoid visiting public places or crowded places. Like avoid going to gym, malls, markets, pubs, restaurants, theatres where you can expect a lot of people.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, mouth when your hands are not clean. Wash your hands before touching them.
Since this virus currently does not have vaccines therefore, try protecting yourself as much as possible. You can protect yourself by keeping yourself sanitized and by taking precautionary measures regularly. These simple measures should be followed daily and we are sure you can handle this situation with ease.
Australian Government has taken certain drastic & proactive measures to deal with such an untimely situation. Various precautions have already been taken and changes have been made to NDIA in order to help specially abled in the time of need. With this virus, many people have already lost their lives and a lot of them are infected too. Hence, it has been advised to stay at home as much as possible and avoid travel. The only way to deal with this situation is social distancing and let’s do it without any further delay.
At Star Community Care, we wish, hope and pray well being for you as well as your family. We really hope we all sail through this phase with ease. Together we all can deal with any situation and with faith & determination this can be handled too. We have to break this chain and stop it further from spreading.
Your safety is in your hands. Be safe, healthy and happy.